Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two chapsticks

In the elevator this morning trying to warm my right hand in my right pocket, I found that I had two chapsticks, Burt's Bees, of course. I am very reliant on chapstick. Some people's Skoal tins wear white spots in their jeans. For others, knives wear through pants pockets. I've worn out some jeans just by sitting too much. Here's a shot (with too much flash) of my two chapsticks on today's work pants.













I may be addicted to chapstick. I am putting it on everyday now because of the weather, but even as a shotgun instructor in New Mexico a few summers ago, I would often reach in my pocket for a 12 gauge shell and come out with a chapstick.

I lose them almost every week. Sometimes I leave them in my pants and they get washed. Sometimes my pockets aren't deep enough and they weasel their way into the car seat crease on the drive home. And sometimes I just lose them. So I was very excited to find two in my pocket today.

All this to ask a question – on what are you relying? In times of trouble and emergency will what you're resting on double as a life preserver?

No comments:

Post a Comment